Italian Riviera Villages Tour – “The Orange Flags”
Afternoon arrival and check in at the chosen hotel. Dinner at the hotel restaurant and free evening to try your luck at the San Remo Municipal Casino. Return to hotel and overnight stay.
2nd Day: The Argentina Valley – Triora and Taggia
Morning guided transfer to Triora, city of… witches! This is not a legend, but rather documented history, as the museum dedicated to this topic will explain. Visit the Ethnographic and Witches Museum, where you can see 4 rooms where 13 women were accused of witchcraft in 1558. The section of the museum dedicated to ethnography shows tools used by the local farmers in their everyday lives.
In the afternoon, visit the historic city center of Taggia where you can linger amongst its characteristic streets and arches. The San Domenico Convent deserves to be photographed before you take a walk around the characteristic shops to buy typical cookies from Taggia – “canestrelli and anicini”. Return to hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
3rd Day: Nervia Valley – Dolceacqua and Apricale
In the morning, guided transfer to Dolceacqua, pearl of the Nervia Valley: a lovely medieval village that is made more beautiful by its ancient humpback bridge and the ruins of the Doria castle. Among the artisan’s shops you will discover the true nectar of the Riviera: “Rossese di Dolceacqua”, prized red wine with an intense flavour. At the lunch hour, visit the cantina of the Gajaudo family, where you can taste the full line of wines from the Riviera, paired with the valley’s tasty specialities. In the afternoon, visit the medieval village of Apricale, perched on alpine peaks with its narrow streets (maximum 10 meter bus), where you will be able to taste typical Italian Riviera snacks: “pansarole” with “zabaione”. Alternatively, you can visit La Pigna to admire the medieval village’s architectural monuments. Return to hotel and overnight stay.
4th Day: Old San Remo
In the morning, visit the historic city center of San Remo, called “La Pigna”, which still maintains it’s charm as a medieval village. This allows visitors to discover the original San Remo that is made up of steep narrow streets, arches and buttresses, and quiet secluded piazzas. At the top of the old village sits the Madonna della Costa sanctuary, protector of sailors. At the end of your visit, return home.
Our offer includes:
- Three nights in double room accommodation in San Remo.
- Half board.
- Entrance to various attractions listed in the program.
- Tasting of typical products of Dolceacqua.
- Full day guide service for days 2 and 3.
- Half day guide service for the 4th day.
- All travel agency fees.
Our offer does not include:
- Round trip airline tickets, transfers to the places indicated above and everything not listed in “our offer includes” above.
- Lunches and dinners are to be chosen from the menu of the day or the tasting menu proposed by the chef. Drinks and a la carte menu items to be paid separately on the spot.
- The visits suggested in this program should be considered to be without the services of a guide unless otherwise specified.